Living In Bangkok

What kind of visa do I need to study in Thailand?

If you're an international student, you're going to need a Student Visa to study any of our courses.


How can I get a visa?

To get a visa, you should, follow the procedures listed in our Studying in Thailand page.


Can I work if I have a student visa?

Students are not allowed to work with a student visa. However, this ruling does not include students doing internship.


What kind of accommodation options are there?

If you're an international student looking for accommodation when you first arrive, apartment is a popular choice.

There are plenty of studio apartments or 1 bedroom apartments that cater for 1 person's stay. Most of it is well equipped with security cards, CCTV, nearby subway or skytrain stations and clean.


Can you help me find accommodation?

We recommend the services of an accommodation provider to help you find appropriate accommodation when you first arrive. However, our student services staffs can also assist in providing a few recommendations.


How much does it cost to live in Bangkok?

This depends a lot on you but, as a guide, it is recommended to budget for THB16,000 per month for living expenses.

This includes:

  • Accomodation THB 7,000
  • Meals THB 6,000
  • Transport THB 1,500
  • Utilities (electric, water, telephone) THB 1,500


How can I open a bank account?

Upon being admitted by Raffles International College, our school will issue a formal letter to the bank in which you wish to open an account.

You can then easily bring along the letter with your passport to the selected bank to open your account.